I’m on a sort of social media blackout for Lent. I highly recommend it whether you’re religious or not. Today is the first time I’ve checked Facebook or Twitter since Tuesday and it’s been wonderful!
This article was written in January but I’m just finding it now.
Mirah Curzer gives us a list of 4 ways we can avoid going insane while living in the Twilight Zone.
The short version:
- Don’t get used to Trump – Get away from him.
- Take a break from the news.
- Focus your energy on one or two issues.
- This completely. I have been dealing much better since I stopped trying to care wholeheartedly about everything.
- Make activism fun.
- It’s OK to think stuff is funny.
- Take care of the basics.
- Take a bath, for God’s sake!
How are you staying sane?
U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks said state health officials “likely acted to disenroll qualified health care providers from Medicaid without cause.” He said the preliminary injunction will preserve the court’s ability to render a meaningful decision on the case’s merits.
“Such action would deprive Medicaid patients of their statutory right to obtain health care from their chosen qualified provider,” wrote the judge who was appointed by Republican former President George H.W. Bush.
In switching to a new site, I am also switching self-care from it’s own page to blog posts on the main page. Getting even more lazy, I’m not going to repost the original stuff, I’m just going to give you a link to the old page.